Tips on Testing Your Pool Water from your Custom Pool Builder in Houston
Pool Chemistry is affected by many different factors including bathers, chemical additions and environmental influences. Because conditions in a pool change constantly, testing is vital to ensure proper water balance and sanitizer levels. Testing Tips:
- The water sample for testing should be taken approximately 18 inches below the water’s surface.
- The sample should be taken from an area of the pool that is away from skimmers and returns and should be taken from the same location every time.
- If using color blocks to compare colors, use a neutral colored (white) background behind the blocks and face away from the sun (sun should be behind you) to get the most accurate color assessment.
- Store test kits, reagents and test strips in a cool dark location and away from other chemicals (especially oxidizers).
- Replace reagents and test strips every year.
For more pool maintenance tips, please subscribe to our blog or find us on facebook. The Pool Man Inc., is a Houston Pool Builder serving the Tomball, Cypress, Magnolia and Houston areas since 1981. We are a BBB (Better Business Bureau) accredited member, receiving the BBB Awards for Excellence for 2012 – a Pinnacle Winner.