Great Pool Side Grilling Tips from your Houston & Cypress Custom Pool Builder
Here are some tips from Steven Raichlen, author of The Barbecue! Biblejust in time for your July 4th cookouts!
- Use a fattier cut of meat – 15 – 20 percent fat is ideal
- Pretreat your grill – Once it’s hot, brush it clean with a stiff wire brush, then wipe a oiled paper towel across the grate
- Avoid “premature ignition” – Raichlen’s term for lighting coals too early and having insufficient heat
- Be careful not to over-crowd the grill – Leave about 30% of the grill free so you can move foods from a flare-up
- Let the meat rest for two or three minutes before serving – The meat will relax and it will be juicier